Frequently asked questions
1. MxT is a blend of 47.5% merino wool 47.5% tencel™ and 5% spandex.
Lightweight (lw MxT) has an approximate 180gsm and is a very lightweight fabric with lots of drape. It is perfect for year around use and is a great companion for warmer weather. It can be used for everything from underwear to dresses and tops to trousers.
Heavyweight (hw MxT) is a double ponte knit and has an approximate 280gsm. It is a thicker jersey and is reminiscent of a sweatshirt fabric but with a bit more polish. It is perfect for tops of all sorts.
2. Merino Spandex Jersey is a blend of 95% merino and 5% spandex. It comes is 3 different weights (lw, mw, and hw) and is a great everything fabric. It can be used for all the clothing found at HumBird and is great for summer through winter. We especially like it for bras.
There are 3 types of interlock at HumBird.
1. Rugged: the thickest interlock and is great for overnights and heavier trousers or blankets.
2. Classic is slightly thinner than rugged and is ideal for year around use for heavier trousers and pullovers.
3. All Around is the softest and only slightly less gsm than classic. It has a great drape and can be used for all types of clothing and is still thick enough to offer great protection over cloth diapers.
How do I care for my HumBird item?
Please visit our Care Page for more information
What is slow fashion?
Slow fashion is clothing made using a small business model with a focus on being responsibly made from sourcing of the material to paying a living wage.
Where do I find turn around times?
The monthly custom colours has a turn around of 2-4 weeks to ship after the close of ordering.
The custom made merino jersey will ship by the last day of the month following. For example, order in June and ship by last day of July.
Ready to ship items ship within 48 hours for most countries.
If you have any questions before ordering on when an item will ship please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/HumBirdchatandBST/posts/4282896131776415?)
Once it has shipped when can I expect my item?
Travel times vary greatly based on country and time of year. Typically it arrives within 3 weeks. Please note that Israel post typically has the slowest processing time and often sits in customs for many weeks. USA and Canada typically take about 3 weeks.
What if my item was lost in the mail?
If you selected insurance during checkout please contact HumBird at email@example.com with your order number and tracking number. If an item is stolen a police report is required for a refund.
HumBird considers most items lost after 30-60 days of no movement but is dependent on the country being shipped to.
What is your return policy?
Custom made items are not eligible for return. Other items are eligible for return with a 20% stocking fee. Please contact HumBird for return details.
Handmade to order
From start to finish your order is handmade with the utmost care.
Small Business Model
HumBird is committed to a responsible business model that focuses on responsibility to the future.
Fabrics Locally Created
EU Fabrics, Earth first, Animal first, Responsibly made
Interacting with our customers is the highlight of our day! Join our Facebook group.